DMN has published its top six tips for social media marketing this summer. While they are not revolutionary, they still make for a nice read over the break. In essence, for your work on Facebook and other networks it’s worth looking at these things:
1. Event Tie-Ins – connect to online campaigns and hypes / events – just make sure you use the right hashtags.
2. Local Trends – piggy-back on what’s happening near you, showing your connection to places and people.
3. Strong Images – images are key to stronger results on social media.
4. GIFs and Emoji – even more traditional brands use these now in all comms.
5. Social Causes – expand your CSR efforts to social media (but don’t “talk green and act brown“).
6. Lightheartedness – lighter content becomes more popular, especially over the summer period.